Friday, May 17, 2013

Sometimes life interferes

These past few days have been impossible. There is nothing more worthwhile in my life than my kids. If I told you how awesome they are you would not believe it. Of course every parent thinks that their kids are awesome, but the difference is - mine really are. I am not trying to be obnoxious, or anything. I am not saying that they are the best, just stating a simple fact that they are fantastic and I love them.

I understand that this is not much of a post. I wish I had things to say about Joomla, CMS, and other subjects that I know nothing about (yet!) but  - not today. Today I have 13 sixteen year-old girls sleeping over at my house after 5 hours of dancing in the basement under a tiny disco-ball from Party City. They had so much fun! It was so much work! It was totally worth getting a little farther behind on schoolwork.

Yesterday was not a good day for studying either. Could I miss the talent show where my ten year-old son and his friend performed a comedy skit "Classy Ninjas", which they wrote themselves from scratch  and didn't copy from YouTube, like most other performers (not that there is anything wrong with that)? The title alone had the audience in stitches. What a night!

I will get down to doing homework this weekend. It may take a couple of all nighters, nothing I haven't done before, and the deadlines will be met.  Life has to be taken a day at a time. You have to see what the day throws at you and deal with that. It is not always a question of priorities. Sometimes there is no choice.


3 comments:

  1. Linda, you are such a role model with you work ethics, wisdom, and graciousness! I think the best we all can do is go a day at a time and try to do it with a smile. Today was not a smiling day for me and the longer I stay up to catch up the less smiley I will be. I will probably fall asleep weeping. Thank you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about life getting in the way. I have kids similar ages...mine are 14 and 11. May is always crazy with all the end of school functions, concerts, parties, honor ceremonies etc. Hang in there! (If I knew how to quickly insert the kitty poster from 1970-something with the kitty hanging on a branch I would, but ain't nobody got time for that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin, you are so sweet. Yes, May is a terrible month for a Maymester! If I just could get a little sleep I would be more productive, I think. But ain't nobody got time for that, either!

    ReplyDelete