Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gift of grace

This class is too short for procrastination. I am trying to work as fast as I can with the time that I have available, which is not very much. Yesterday, I spent two not entirely unenjoyable. hours with Joomla tutorial. I didn't want to stop, but then I realized that there is no grace period on postings, so I better get to them first. Many other things of no consequence to this class  happened in between and now my empty shell of a website site sits there pitifully. I no longer remember anything from the tutorial and likely will have to start over. Grace period, here I come.

On the bright side - tomorrow I go to work. Shelving has a marvelous therapeutic effect on me. I will be much calmer by the end of my shift and will have an extremely productive evening. Right?

2 comments:

  1. I feel much the same as you, Asele. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish the tutorial. So that's in limbo. I'm still trying to decide the subject of my content. Now it's the next day, and I'm not sure what my login and passwords are for Joomla.

    Happy shelving to you! May the zen-like quality of the action bring peace to your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend opening the tutorial on one computer or device and opening your work space on another. Pause and follow the tutorial as you go, like so many others suggested. Otherwise, it is hard to remember where to find the tools you need. Also, if you have a lot of images, it will save time to download them all at once. Then you can skip that step as you build each page. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete