Monday, May 13, 2013

Never Say Never

Yes. It is official. I like this course. Did I just say that? I may change my tune when workload increases, but  it is already very heavy, and still... More than anything I like staying in touch so regularly with my classmates. I have been in the program for over a year, but this is the first time that I don't feel so isolated. I think it was Judith who jokingly tweeted about having a social life now with all these social networking sites. Well, it is working for me!

It is also the first time that I am ahead of schedule with homework. I am always on time, but just barely. Maybe this time it is different because there is so much work that if I fall behind I may never catch up. Or maybe I am enjoying this just a little bit.

The only thing left to do tomorrow is - oh horror - the wiki! Well, I have a whole twenty four hours to figure it out. Come back tomorrow for another fascinating post on the transforming powers of Web 2.0. It will be wikid!

6 comments:

  1. I like it too but I'm feeling so overwhelmed. I logged in today and had 100 new discussion posts (this was after logging in last night). Thanks to some helpful classmates I've got my setup tweaked a little better. I still don't know how to add the blogs I subscribe to to my blog page, though. Everyone else seems to have a "My Blog List" column. How did you do yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me quite a while to figure it out. If you already follow blogs you can go into Design (button on the top right corner on the actual blog page). Then select Layout on the left side. From there you will have an option of adding gadgets. The list will pop up on the left and you need to select blog list. You can choose to include all blogs you follow and it will automatically populate the list. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. That worked. I had to manually add people, though. I thought I had already chosen to follow everyone's blogs. I clicked on a bunch of them when I first set mine up. Who knows what I was actually doing when I thought I was doing that???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to keep it light! Who said anything about reading? I am only talking about posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, Asele, you are right- this class is fun and it's all because we get to interact with one another. EVERY class should be required to tweet & blog to each other and not necessarily all about librarian stuff. The freedom to write about what ever relieves some stress and creates some much needed community.

    ReplyDelete