Saturday, May 11, 2013

Can I do this? Yes, I think I can.


Hello MLIS7505 classmates! I am pretty sure that you will be my only audience. Don’t know about you, but I got completely terrified after reading course materials. Now that the Maymester started in earnest, I am enjoying some of the assignments. Don’t get me wrong, I am still terrified, but tweeting is fun, and hopefully I will get into blogging. By the way, I had to look up how to spell “tweeting”, which, I am afraid, means that I will have to spend more than recommended three to five hours a day on this class.

I am glad to finally understand the meaning of Web 2.0. I use Facebook, but mainly to keep up with friends’ activities. It seems that my life is just not eventful enough to bother other people with it. I don’t frequent Wikipedia and YouTube, but of course I visit them occasionally. I really didn’t plan on ever joining Twitter, but here I am. Now I have to control myself to prevent irrelevant tweeting. I am impressed that some of you immediately started posting professionally useful information, while I am just mastering the technology!

3 comments:

  1. Asele, I feel much the same as you're describing. I'm terrified yet trying to remind myself to enjoy all of this learning and "socializing," as well. It's just a new thing for me, mostly (not Facebook--it's a great way to stay in touch with family in other states and grown kids in college). Looking forward to your future blog posts and tweets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my opinion that twitter is all about irrelevancy- so go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that I am not alone in my state of fear. Hopefully we can all lean on each other and not only make it through this class intact, but also gain a lot of new knowledge and skills.

    As far as irrelevancy - you all will have to read it, so I think I will continue my containment efforts. Although, I do enjoy reading other people's posts about all sorts of things, so maybe you have a point!

    ReplyDelete